We encourage contact visits before your child's fifth birthday and this can be done through the school or your child's pre-school institution. Please don't hesitate to contact the school for enrolment details. Enrolment form for school records need to be completed, preferably before your child starts, details such as child's full name, parent's names, address, phone numbers etc.
- Birth certificate required for all 5 year olds.
- Evidence of immunisation.
- An enrolment form requesting details of address, family doctor, and emergency contact has to be filled out.
Pre – school visits
These are for the benefit of children who will enrol at our school and give an excellent introduction to class routines and interactions. Six weeks prior to a New Entrant’s fifth birthday, parents and children are invited to make an appointment to visit the New Entrant class, via our New Entrant teacher, Mrs Anne Cornish.
Be ready for school
It would be helpful to start teaching your child to:
- Know his/her full name and address and telephone number and repeat them if necessary.
- Put away things when not using them.
- Take off and put on outer garments without help. ☺ Tie his/her own shoelaces.
- Know how to use a handkerchief and always have one.
- Know how to flush the toilet, and how to wash and dry hands.
- Know how to hold and use scissors.
- Know the basic colours.
- Know how to count from one to ten.
- Know how to sit and listen to a story.
- Know the days of the week.
- Recognise his/her name.
- Look after his/her own belongings.