For information about starting school at Glentunnel School please read our GTS Starting School Prospectus. We encourage transition to school visits before your child's fifth birthday and this can be done through the school or your child's early learning provider. Please don't hesitate to contact the school for enrolment details.
The enrolment form for school records need to be completed, preferably before your child starts, details such as child's full name, parent's names, address, phone numbers etc. This is available in the Resource Folder on the right.
- Birth certificate required for all 5 year olds.
- Evidence of immunisation.
- An enrolment form requesting details of address, family doctor, and emergency contact has to be filled out.
Pre – school visits
These are for the benefit of children who will enrol at our school and give an excellent introduction to class routines and interactions as well as allowing students to make connections with other children. Pre - school visits are organised with our New Entrant teacher, Anne Cornish.
Be ready for school
It would be helpful to start teaching your child to:
- Know his/her full name and address and telephone number and repeat them if necessary.
- Put away things when not using them.
- Take off and put on outer garments without help. ☺ Tie his/her own shoelaces.
- Know how to use a handkerchief and always have one.
- Know how to flush the toilet, and how to wash and dry hands.
- Know how to hold and use scissors.
- Know the basic colours.
- Know how to count from one to ten.
- Know how to sit and listen to a story.
- Know the days of the week.
- Recognise his/her name.
- Look after his/her own belongings.
The Ministry of Education has other information regarding starting school on their website.
Mana Ake: Starting School Resource